Thursday, April 9, 2009

PvP

I heard today that the first killing of Emperor Karl Franz in Warhammer has finally occurred.  Bravo to the guilds that completed that task.  It's no easy thing locking down the whole Tier 4 (and generally Tier 3) then taking the city and killing him. I do hope someone taped it and will put it on YouTube.  When the RvR works in Warhammer it rocks!  I've played both sides in that game but Destruction is fun, I must admit.

Back to WoW
It's been a busy few days on Darrowmere as apparently the latest round of Horde players are trying to score their bear mount (killing the city leaders), so my DK (only level 61 and a gnome to increase Horde irritation - lol!!!) out defending in Ironforge or Stormwind.  

While going from IF to SW tonight, I was in the Tram with a level 80 Horde warlock (a bit over 1/2 health) and a level 80 Alliance rogue.  (This is the typical apathy I see on many PvP servers)  I mention to the Rogue the warlock is there - kind of 'hint, hint' hiding in the corner across the tracks.  
  The player' responds.  "They aren't doing anything."
  I say, "They're raiding Stormwind and Ironforge."  
  She says, "I'm not going over to kill something."  (Confusing I know but thats what the person said.)
  I reply, "So, why do you play on a PvP?"
  "So, people like you can ask me questions."
  "Ah.  PvE oriented." 
  "Yep."
  "Well we know Rogues don't like to fight."  (I know mean but this is a PvP SERVER!!!) 

No pushing that one into PvP on a PvP server . . . no way!

So went on to Stormwind, died twice helped kill ten Horde.  The last one I was working on (and calling for backup) was a pally.  He Bubble hearthed out.  This started my bad pally karma tonight! 

The good news - the king lived!  Yesterday the same in Ironforge - it was a good 40+.  I like to make the Horde work for that bear mount, seeing as how Darrowmere has a fairly meek Alliance force - okay not just meek, but totally outnumbered, so I'll not be getting that mount on any characters unless I can figure out how to solo the leaders - lol!!!!

Arathi Highlands a few minutes later . . .
Poor Uldur (31 druid) went to get his first aid books in Arathi - two level 39 pallys questing - poor dead Uldur.  So what is this with the FA books going to be available from trainers after the 3.1 patch?  That is so bogus!  I'm really noticing the dumbing-down of WoW and empathizing from the pre-BC crowd.  How easy does this have to get?  Start at level 79, heres 25K gold, everything you need to buy is from this guy here and you don't really need to move the xp will just come to you?  

Back on topic!


More pally PvP fun . . .
After that I dinked around with a few characters, cleaned out the bank, and finally hopped on Sithi to do a bit more towards her ever seeing 80.  A few quests completed with no Horde interference killing some guys, then off to Colderra.  Neat area, was exploring around when a bored level 80 pally spotted the toy of the day - Sith and Holiday!  Down Holiday goes as the pally sits there.  I shoot, trap and run.  He chases, judges and toys.  Even when I pull another mob he just keeps up being a PIA.  I continue shooting him, pointedly ignoring the mob.  Half alive by now, trap mob, run.  He chases again, traps up toss it behind me.  Trap the pally on his horse - lol - wish I'd been faster on the screen shot for that.  Now he's a bored and mad level 80 pally - so chases me - shadowmeld - pops me out.  Trap again - really unhappy pally.  Run around hill, he follows, run around again - laughing now as this is getting comical - he finally goes airborn to find me - lands and kills me.  I hope he enjoyed himself - as I hate pallys on a hunter!

Rez and rez Holiday.  Back to health and time to leave as there are now 4 Horde in the area, all level 80.  Of course the next one takes his shot as I'm hearthing out.  I aggro the guards as he's in a building (I guess he's done this before) so, the guards kill me (hope he didn't get honor for that one!)  Wait and rez again, then out.

This reminds me of the first time through Outlands while all the then bored 70's lurked around Hellfire to make life miserable for the freshly through the portal crowd.  3.1 should make Northrend bearable for a few days at least.

I finally logged out, took a break.  Then jumped back on her.  We went to find Thassarian.  (I personally love the DK start area - and have done it I think 6x, so finding him was cool!) We're now doing some quest for him using his ghoul.  That will have to keep for another day though - its late!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment