Saturday, April 25, 2009

Horde cast of characters

Life has been a bit busy but squeezing in some WoW time, but not blogging time!

State of the cast of characters -  I haven't been on my Alliance at all, so they're all gaining rested xp (and I'm losing the accelerated gain from the RaF program).  I have been back on BWL (Black Wing Lair) after an extended absence.  I couldn't figure out why (or forgot), I stopped playing on BWL, but this week reminded me - the lag!  

For some reason I have the worst lag spikes on that server.  But I have missed the guys I've played with on and off the past year or so (they're all level 80 now and consumate raiders) while I'm still dinking around with the level 40-70 toons as I'm not committed to one character (toon ADD?).   They're hilariously funny in vent though and I thoroughly enjoy listening to them.   I've always appreciated that they work hard at raiding and other aspects of this game, but all with a sense of humor and in a non-stressful way.  They're all very versed in WoW lore and game play so I always am learning!

On to what's been up!


Sassi - Shadow Priest
 I dusted Sassi off, after almost 10 months of not playing (I'd get her out fly around SC and log out) and had to face the realization that I haven't a clue how to now!  Not that I was ever that good as I've had a huge learning curve on the roll of a SP other than a mana battery pre Wrath.   

So, I found her still in her PvP set that I worked so very hard to get (call it welfare epics all you want - that was hundreds of BGs to earn them - maxing 75K honor more than twice - so not a freebie set!

I've, spec'd her what I think will work (shadow/disc) and realize she still needs glyphs, new macros, lots of practice and the player (me!) to remember her spell rotation!  I'm going to level her to 80, some what unwillingly, but I will - I say that but it could be 2010 before I do as much as I'm not wanting to.  I'll dread giving up her matched set to wear better gear that will make her look clownish - thank goodness for shadowform!

Right now she's in Desolace to level fishing as I thought her cooking skill was higher but it's not, so she cant' cook for herself or the DK's.  Fishing and cooking is in order while the DKs level.
I am working on her achievements too - very slowly.  I'm really thinking to see how she plays with one of the DK's - I'm not sure how I'd set up the keybindings, but it could be fine - or a total wipe - lol!


Sithi, Hunter
The last one I'm working on on BWL is Sithi (another hunter).  She's at level 40 right now and when I logged on one of my friends found me in Orgrimmar.  I asked how he found me so quickly and he said because of the funny clothes my characters are always wearing! Hey I don't design this stuff and it looks hysterical on blood elves!


Death Knights - Biya and Greaf
This past week I decide to work on the Death Knights as they've been sitting at 58/59 since creation other than running a couple of the lower levels through instances to get them geared up. I've been working on them this week and they're at 62/63 - I'm not a fast leveler as I tend to stop for so many things on the way and I read quests - even the ones I've done a few times before.  (I truly appreciate the effort the designers/developers/writers have put into the details!)

The ladies took the flight to Swamp of Sorrows, rode down and through the portal to Outlands (I always go the old fashioned way - silly but I do!),  flew to Thrallmar, then rode (yea for those fast mounts) to Falcon Watch to Swamprat and finally to Shattrath City to set their hearthstone with the Scryers.  I know Aldor is easier but Horde I do Scyer.

They had the Khadgar tour of Shattrath.  I think this is a bit fun - you feel so noobish on this tour.  It's so out of date now, but I get a kick out of it anyway.


Death Knights really feel OP even post patch, as I've only died to either an epic boss or to a lag spike (very irritating) or by going in the wrong BG - that was really stupid!  I forgot they'd dinged over to the next tier and they were getting slaughtered!  Painful slog that one.

Biya did get her achievment for 100 quests - surprising as I didn't think she'd done that many.  


They've almost completed Hellfire, so on to Zangermarsh.  I think we have three-four things left in Hellfire - all the hard quests.  I'm going to try and see if they can two man Cruel's Intention as I've always found that the hardest quest in Hellfire.  If they cant' and getting a group won't work it will save for level 70!

The biggest problem I'm facing with the DK's is earning enough $$ before 70 for flying mounts!  I've always made money easily in WoW, but haven't been trying on this server so, need to knuckle down and get some cash flowing again!!  


BTW - I don't just play blood elves - I have a legion of orcs, taurens, and undead too.  The only thing I'm missing is trolls.  Love the racials but that's about it for me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment