Sitting here waiting for AA to patch and Auroria to open, hopefully (crossing fingers) not a repeat of launch, I was thinking about ArcheAge and why someone should or shouldn't play - maybe.
I have friends that are avid PvPers and those that avoid it at all costs. Those that like to quest and others that would be happy to buy a max level character and never go near a quest.
Me, I love to quest in a game (AA not so much), but can happily run around farming, exploring, gathering, pvping, running some packs, and have a wonderful time in game. Last night I donkey subbed from Freeditch to Auroria, to be close when the game launches. I could have taken my clipper, but I thought I'd like to see what is on the bottom of the Arcadian Sea while watching a movie. Got to make your fun in game!
So off the top of my head list......
Why you should be playing ArcheAge
- You love open-world PvP and believe 'red is dead', and maybe some green players too!
- You love gear-grinding to be the best
- You're a crafter, the more complicated and varied the better
- You like a sand-boxy feel world that you can create your own fun in
- You like player driven economies
- You're a 'Farmville' addict
- You like to explore
- You hate to solo anything, grouping is where it's at
- You love dailies and wish there where more of them
- You like housing and putting your mark on the world
- You love sailing, fishing and being on the water
- You've always wanted to be a pirate
- You will play with a sub (or support a cash shop) to keep a game going
Why you maybe shouldn't play ArcheAge
- You hate grindy games
- You really hate open world PvP or any type of PvP
- You like to quest
- You like to solo play always
- You like theme-park type gaming
- You like deep, rich lore driven story
- You have an older PC and not the best graphics, or internet connection
- You don't like whining, bitching, moaning, swearing, rudeness and all that is the public chat channels
- You believe everything someone in game tells you
- You hate hackers, cheaters, grifters, bots and other nefarious acts ingame
- You will only play F2P games