Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Taming Ender

Right before I went on vacation, my wonderful GM, tells me in vent that he'd found Gondria

I've been lusting for this pet, in typical hunter fashion for months (especially after taming Skoll) and had almost tamed him a couple of weeks ago. I was interrupted by a viciously cruel horde rogue that popped out and killed me right after I'd changed talents (no mana/no pet). By the time I rezzed and returned - no Gondria. I was so heartbroken, and was swearing loud enough that sailors around the world were appalled and blushing!

Everyone in my guild had to listen to me complain and moan about this, especially when I'd see someone with Gondria in Dalaran.

So when the GM, told me he'd found Gondria and to hurry. I did! Honestly thought he was teasing me, but no! Gondria was there!!

Now flustered, dismissing the crab (I had just caught for bgs) and changing specs - I'm zero mana, but not paying attention so start to tame... then can't! Pop a pot, but that barely helps. No traps, nothing.

My GM pulls aggro off me and is walking around getting beat to death while I'm in full panic. Finally he dies, Gondria turns on me, I concuss hit him in viper (oh duh - I get mana back - definitely a huntard moment!), and tame Gondria. I almost felt bad about my GM dying, except one of his favorite things to do is kill us in interesting way when we least expect it. So Gondria tamed and him dead for a change was a true two-fer!

ENDER and black tabby companion pet
As my GM and I are both fans of Orson Scott Card's book - Ender's Game - Gondria is now Ender. LOVE HIM!!! He's the constant hunting companion except when the wolf comes out for heroics/raiding.

A great GM is worth his weight in gold and this one is one of the best I've had! The funny part a senior officer ask me when I tell him this story . He's a druid, why didn't he innervate you? GM still hasn't answer that!!!! I think my hysteria rubbed off!!!

But Ender is mine, I'm happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment